Hello, everyone. I apologize for my absence, but my life has been crazy here recently and I haven’t really had much time to post anything. So here’s my five exciting things that have happened while I’ve been gone.
1. 😀 (For those of you who know me really well, you know what this means.)
2. I get to take the MoGEA on November 12th and if I pass, that puts me one step closer to becoming a teacher. (No, the actual test isn’t exciting at all, but becoming a teacher most definitely is.
3. I have loved being Fellowship Vice President for Alpha Phi Omega and we have done so many interesting things.
4. All of my grades are very good! ( 3 As and 2 Bs)
5. I have learned a lot in the past three weeks and one thing I have learned the most about is just how very blessed I am.
I came across this on Tumblr today and I think it is very fitting!
1. I am OBSESSED with pumpkin pie blizzards from Dairy Queen.
2. I am ready to knock out these mid-terms next week.
3. My 21st birthday is in 5 months and 2 days! (Yes, I am counting down. ;))
4. This semester is my most stressful so far, but I know I can make it through.
5. Be a friend this next week. Pass on some loving words to those who may not always hear what they deserve to.
Since last week was Banned Books Week, here are some of my favorite books that have either been banned or challenged, but I still read them, because I have FREADOM.
1. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou
2. Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck
3. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
4. Slaughterhouse-Five, by Kurt Vonnegut
5. ttyl; ttfn; l8r g8r (series), by Lauren Myracle
6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
7. Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
8. The Things They Carried, by Tim O’Brien
9. The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold
1. On Monday night, I got a new Alpha Phi Omega pledge baby and I couldn’t be more excited!
2. On Wednesday, I presented my awesome Sherlock Holmes poster over The Red-Headed League.
3. I gave an really good campus tour to an important person and got a lot of compliments.
4. This week was one of the busiest of my life so far, but I made it out unscathed.
5. IT’S FRIDAY!
This Friday is all about college. And yes, I am tooting my own horn a little bit, but I’m okay with that! 🙂
1. I got an 84% on my Developmental Psychology exam last week.
2. I got a 102% on my Modern Grammar exam last week.
3. I did really good on my Modern Grammar exam I had today and only stumbled on a couple of questions.
4. I have a lot of confidence in myself this semester.
5. Alpha Phi Omega pledging starts soon and I’m excited for new babies! 😀
Enjoy your weekend! 🙂
Today I decided I’d start doing five on Friday. (Inspired by my favorite blog http://www.writemeg.com) Where I post five things I love right now, five things I did this week, or five of anything in general really.
If you know me on a personal level, you know how much I love books. Reading them, sharing Facebook posts about them, keeping track of them on Goodreads, and so on and so forth. So today I decided I’d share five of my favorite quotes from books I’ve read.
1. “Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.” – The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins
2. “Secrets are like stars. They blaze inside the heart and ultimately could be explosive. But there are two types of secrets. Small secrets, like small stars, will eventually burn out. With time and space they lose their importance and simply vanish. No harm done. But big secrets, like massive stars, with time and constant fear grow stronger, creating a gravitational pull that eventually … When they get so big, they become a black hole.” Lipstick Apology, Jennifer Jabaley
3. “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” My Sister’s Keeper, Jodi Picoult
4. As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” The Fault in Our Stars, John Green5. “Music is a total constant. That’s why we have such a strong visceral connection to it, you know? Because a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in you or the world, that one song stays the same, just like that moment.” Just Listen, Sarah Dessen
Also, if you’d like to follow me on Goodreads, here’s the link: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/14298827-kelly-jo
Have a fantastic weekend everyone!